At the DWP, providing safe, clean, high-quality water is one of our highest priorities.
The City monitors its water supplies for clarity and organic and inorganic materials, in addition to other ongoing quality tests. At the end of each year, the results of these tests are compiled in an annual consumer confidence report.
- See current and past Consumer Confidence Reports
- See answers to questions about Water Service
- State of the Science of Hexavalent Chromium in Drinking Water prepared for the Water Research Foundation. This paper provides a summary of Cr(VI) occurrence, sources, analytical methods, treatment options, and health effects, as well as the status of state and federal drinking water regulations.
- Water Quality & Stormwater
NPDES New Development and Construction Guidelines
NPDES Industrial and Commercial Guidelines
NPDES Residential Guidelines
Swimming Pool Discharge
- Myths versus Facts on Hexavalent Chromium prepared by CA-NV AWWA and Association of California Water Agencies. This paper dispels common myths related to Cr(VI).
- Chromium in Drinking Water: A Technical Information Primer
prepared for AWWA.
- Guide to Public Health Goals (PHGs) for Chemicals in Drinking Water
by Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment. This guide states that drinking water is considered safe to drink as long as it complies with all MCLs, even if some contaminants exceed PHG levels.