Request, Receive, Read, Return, Repeat...Your Library. Delivered!
What is it? Zip Books is a way for patrons to request books that the Library doesn't own. The item is shipped directly to you using Amazon Prime.
Requirements for the Zip Book program:
- Patron must have a valid Corona Public Library card.
- Item must not be available in the Corona Public Library catalog.
- Patron can request 3 items at a time and keep it as long as you want. If you want a new title, you must properly return your current title.
- Patrons may receive a total of 3 items in a month.
- The cost of the item must be under $50 for books and under $75 for Books on CD and foreign language items.
- Item may be a Book, a Large Print Book, or a Book on CD. eBooks and downloadable Audiobooks do not qualify for this program.
- The Item must be available through Amazon.
- Library patron must be in good standing with the Library (cannot owe $10.00 or more on your library card).
How to request a Zip Book:
Step 1: Log in to the Library's catalog with your library card number and password.
Step 2: Click on the 'your purchase suggestions' tab on the left. Then click on the 'New purchase suggestion' link in the middle of the screen.
Step 3: Fill out the Purchase Suggestion Form. Remember to click on the 'Submit your suggestion' button when you are done.
Step 4: Library staff will email to let you know what day to expect the book to arrive from Amazon or let you know if it is not available. Please contact us if you don’t receive your book on the day estimated.
Step 5: Keep the item as long as you want, but the item must be returned in order to request an additional item.
How to return a Zip Book:
Step 1: When you are finished with the item, return it to a staff member at the Corona Public Library during library open hours. Please inform staff that you are returning a Zip Book.
Note: If the item is returned through any of the book drops, it will not be taken off your account.
Zip Books is a statewide project of the California State Library and Califa. The Project is funded in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act. Zip Books is administered in California by the State Librarian.