FREE Vehicle Removal
Can't get rid of that old car or small truck because you lost the paper work? You were going to fix it, but never got around to it?
Don't worry, we can help. As a public service, the City of Corona, Code Enforcement Division can arrange to have the vehicle removed from your property absolutely FREE of charge. Thanks to Abandoned Vehicle Abatement funds available from the State Department of Motor Vehicles, the City is able to provide this service to the community. All you need to do is call us and our staff will take care of all the details. You'll be helping to do your part to improve your neighborhood.
Click here for a printable Vehicle Abatement brochure.
Section 8.04.030 of the Corona Municipal Code requires that an abandoned, wrecked, dismantled or inoperative vehicle be stored within a completely enclosed building or behind a solid fence six feet in height. Property owners, occupants, and vehicle owners who do not comply with this provision are subject to a written citation. In addition, Section 8.04.050 of the Corona Municipal Code allows the City to abate, or otherwise remove and dispose of vehicles from private property that violate these provisions that are considered a public nuisance. Vehicles removed under these provisions are destroyed and can't be recovered. Written notice and the opportunity to have a hearing are provided prior to such action.
*When making a report, please provide the following information:
- The specific address or location where the vehicle is located.
- Description, make and color of the vehicle if known.
- Condition of the vehicle (flat tire, missing engine, transmission, wrecked, dismantled, etc.)
- Your name, address and phone number if you wish to be contacted.
- Please Note: For vehicles on the street, please contact the Corona Police Department at (951) 736-2330, option #3)