About the Corona Airport
It may be small, but it's been dubbed the "friendliest little airport in America."
Nestled on 100 acres of U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACOE) land leased to the City of Corona in the Prado Basin lies the small, community-oriented, Corona Municipal Airport. The airport is home to 350-400 general aviation aircraft and is strictly a recreational airport with no commercial flights. Our small airport is extremely active, with approximately 50,000 annual operations.
Because the airport is located on USACOE land and is used for recreational flying only, it's managed by the City of Corona. Throughout the years the Airport has been operated at no cost to the taxpayers. All revenues to operate and maintain it are generated through rental fees and state grants. A major priority is that the airport continues to be safe and self-sustaining.
Airport Administration Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Filming Corona: For filming location information please see Film Corona
Aircraft Displays: Every second Saturday from 9 am to 1 pm.
- Airport Map
- Airport Gate Access Control Card Application (9/2019)
- Airport: Procedures, Traffic Pattern, and Noise Sensitive Areas (2019)
- Airport Contour Map - Overlay City/ACOE Elevation Standards
- Emergency Notification and Evacuation Procedures
- Corona Municipal Airport Businesses
NWS/NOAA Aviation Weather Center
- Go to the NWS/NOAA Aviation Weather Center website.
- Type in KAJO in the METAR text.
( This is the 4-letter ICAO station identifier for the Corona Airport AWSS\AWOS.)
- Select the Translated radial button.
- Select the time frame you are interested in using the drop down field that currently reads “most recent only.”
- Click on the “Submit” button to view AJO METARS weather information.
Other Helpful Resources
- Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association (AOPA)
- AirNav.com - Corona Municipal Airport
- Corona Pilots Association (CPA)
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Pilot Safety
- Pilot Safety Brochures
- National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB)
- National Weather Service - Weather at Corona Municipal Airport
- Prado Dam Water Level