The policy of the Corona Police Department is to administer a training program that will provide for the professional growth and continued development of its personnel. The Police Department will ensure its personnel possess the knowledge and skills necessary to provide a professional level of service that meets the needs of the community.
The Corona Police Department seeks to provide on-going training and encourages all personnel to participate in advanced training and formal education on a continual basis.
The objectives of the Corona Police Department's training program are to:
- Enhance the level of law enforcement service to the public
- Increase the technical expertise and overall effectiveness of our personnel
- Provide for continued professional development of department personnel
The Corona Police Department Firearms Range is a state of the art 18,000 square foot indoor training facility.
Our facility consists of the following:
- Climate controlled all indoor range
- 10 lane, 25 yard pistol range. Rifles may also be used on this range
- 5 lane, 100 yard rifle range
- Variable lighting system, which ranges from 100% to total darkness
- Top of the line targeting system. The retrievable targeting system faces, edges or backs with a push of a button via remote control or when programmed
- Running man - a side to side moving target
- Ready room for weapon cleaning and preparation
- Lobby and reception area
- Observation area
710 Public Safety Way, Corona, CA 92880 [MAP]