The Traffic Bureau is dedicated to facilitating the safe and orderly movement of traffic throughout our city. We will accomplish these goals by promoting driver safety through traffic education, engineering, enforcement, and investigations. For traffic related complaints or concerns please contact Sergeant Nielsen at 951-739-4885.
When a Parking Citation is issued, the fine can be paid by check or money order, payable to the City of Corona. If the penalty is paid within 21 days no further action is necessary. The pink citation is an envelope for easy mailing. The address is on the pink citation.
If you would like to contest a citation, write a letter requesting an Administration Review and explain why you are contesting the citation. Please include your name, address, phone number, citation or copy of citation, and the license plate number. This must be done within 21 days of the date of the citation.
Failure to pay the penalty indicated or to formally request a hearing within 21 days of the citation, will result in further legal action, extra costs, and may delay the renewal of your vehicle registration.
Disabled Parking Spaces:
Disabled Parking Spaces are reserved for persons that have a valid disabled placard. If you feel you have a disability and need to park in a disabled parking space and don't have a disabled placard, please contact your doctor regarding a disabled placard. If you occupy a disabled parking space and do not have a valid placard, you are subject to a citation, even if it's "just for a minute". The fine for parking in a Disabled Parking Space with a placard is $325.
For Questions Call 951-736-2355.
30-Day Vehicle Storage | Impounds
Vehicles may be stored (impounded) for 30 days because the driver of the vehicle has a suspended driver license, or no driver license. If your vehicle is impounded, you may request a Tow Hearing appointment for the validity of the storage, by calling the Corona Police Department, Special Enforcement Bureau, Traffic Section at 951-736-2330 option 2. Tow Hearings are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays by appointment only.
Only the registered owner or their agent may request a tow hearing. The vehicle must be currently registered, the registered owner or agent must have a valid driver license and proof of insurance. Please have the case number (CR#/File#) or vehicle license plate number when requesting a tow hearing.
When the vehicle is released, there will be a $215.00 fee at the Corona Police Department. The charges at the tow company are separate from the charges at the police department. Please contact the tow companies for towing charges and daily fees.
For any questions regarding a 30 day storage (impound), please call 951-736-2330 option 2, Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
City of Corona is dedicated to keeping the City of Corona clean and free from oversized vehicles being stored on City maintained streets. Corona Municipal Code (CMC) 10.04.084 (A) – “Oversized vehicle” means any vehicle or combination of vehicles that exceeds 20 feet in length or 90 inches in width exclusive of projecting lights or devices as allowed by Cal. Vehicle Code 35109, 35110 or 35112.
What you need to know:
- Oversided vehicles can not be parked on any public street or highway anytime between the hours of 2 a.m. and 5 a.m.
- Non-Motorized Vehicles cannot be parked on any public street or highway except when loading, unloading, or making emergency repairs. Maximum period allowed for loading, unloading and repairing is 24 hours.
- Corona Residents can obtain a 72-hour permit to temporarily park their recreation vehicle on a public street for loading, unloading, cleaning, or maintenance purposes. (This applies to motor homes, travel trailers, and fifth wheels, but does not include any type of utility trailers.)
- Obtaining a permit will allow residents to park legally on a public street without the possibility of receiving a citation for being parked between 2 a.m.- 5 a.m.
- Click here to read Corona Municipal Code 10.20.250 for Oversized Vehicles Regulations
How to Get a Permit
Corona residents can call 951-736-2355, Monday thru Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. If calling after 4:00 p.m. and on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and all legal holidays, residents can call 951-736-2330 option 3.
Residents requesting the 72 hour permit will be required to give the following information:
- Phone number
- License plate number
- Make, model, color of the R/V
- Dates the R/V will be parked at the location
Child Safety Seat Installation
A majority of parents still misuse their child restraints and need help to get it right. Have you heard about events where people can get one-on-one personalized instruction on how to properly use their child’s car seat? The Corona Police Department now has certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians trained by the Safe Kids Worldwide organization. These officers will provide child safety seat checks where parents and caregivers receive education, and hands-on assistance with the proper use of child restraint systems and seat belts.
There are a few things you should know before you make an appointment and meet with one of our certified officers. This isn’t like getting an oil change on your car, where you leave the car and go do something else. Working with a technician will be a one-on-one learning experience. When you leave, you should be confident that your child’s seat is installed correctly, and you should feel comfortable reinstalling it on your own.
Before the Car Seat Checkup
- Be prepared to learn, not just watch the technician install the car seat. They are trained to teach you.
- Try to schedule an appointment one to two months prior to your baby’s due date just in case you deliver early. Many technicians and their agencies require appointments several weeks in advance.
- If your child is already born, know your child's weight and height, and bring your child with you. If possible, also bring another adult to help watch the child while you are learning.
- Install the seat in your vehicle before your car seat checkup appointment. Be sure to use the instructions that came with the child car seat and the instructions in your vehicle owner’s manual regarding car seats.
- Bring the car seat instructions and the vehicle owner’s manual with you to your appointment.