Traffic Bureau

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The Traffic Bureau is dedicated to facilitating the safe and orderly movement of traffic throughout our city. We will accomplish these goals by promoting driver safety through traffic education, engineering, enforcement, and investigations. For traffic related complaints or concerns please contact Sergeant Snow at 951-739-4885. 

Parking & Towing Q&As

Parking laws are meant to keep drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians safe. Officers issue citations while on patrol and when residents make complaints. Common violations include expired registration, 72-hour parking, no stopping, and fire lane violations.

To view answers to the most frequently asked questions, click here.

Parking Citations

When a Parking Citation is issued, the fine can be paid by check or money order, payable to the City of Corona. If the penalty is paid within 21 days no further action is necessary. The pink citation is an envelope for easy mailing. The address is on the pink citation.

If you would like to contest a citation, write a letter requesting an Administration Review and explain why you are contesting the citation. Please include your name, address, phone number, citation or copy of citation, and the license plate number. This must be done within 21 days of the date of the citation.

Failure to pay the penalty indicated or to formally request a hearing within 21 days of the citation, will result in further legal action, extra costs, and may delay the renewal of your vehicle registration.

Disabled Parking Spaces:

Disabled Parking Spaces are reserved for persons that have a valid disabled placard. If you feel you have a disability and need to park in a disabled parking space and don't have a disabled placard, please contact your doctor regarding a disabled placard. If you occupy a disabled parking space and do not have a valid placard, you are subject to a citation, even if it's "just for a minute". The fine for parking in a Disabled Parking Space without a placard is $350.

For Questions Call 951-736-2355.

30-Day Vehicle Storage | Impounds

Vehicles may be stored (impounded) for 30 days because the driver of the vehicle has a suspended driver license, or no driver license. If your vehicle is impounded, you may request a Tow Hearing appointment for the validity of the storage, by calling the Corona Police Department, Special Enforcement Bureau, Traffic Section at 951-736-2330 option 2. Tow Hearings are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays by appointment only.

Only the registered owner or their agent may request a tow hearing. The vehicle must be currently registered, the registered owner or agent must have a valid driver license and proof of insurance. Please have the case number (CR#/File#) or vehicle license plate number when requesting a tow hearing.

When the vehicle is released, there will be a $225.00 fee at the Corona Police Department. The charges at the tow company are separate from the charges at the police department. Please contact the tow companies for towing charges and daily fees.

For any questions regarding a 30 day storage (impound), please call 951-736-2330 option 2, Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Recreational Vehicles

City of Corona is dedicated to keeping the City of Corona clean and free from oversized vehicles being stored on City maintained streets. Corona Municipal Code (CMC) 10.04.084 (A) – “Oversized vehicle” means any vehicle or combination of vehicles that exceeds 20 feet in length or 90 inches in width exclusive of projecting lights or devices as allowed by Cal. Vehicle Code 35109, 35110 or 35112. 

What you need to know:

  • Oversided vehicles can not be parked on any public street or highway anytime between the hours of 2 a.m. and 5 a.m.
  • Non-Motorized Vehicles cannot be parked on any public street or highway except when loading, unloading, or making emergency repairs. Maximum period allowed for loading, unloading and repairing is 24 hours. 
  • Corona Residents can obtain a 72-hour permit to temporarily park their recreation vehicle on a public street for loading, unloading, cleaning, or maintenance purposes. (This applies to motor homes, travel trailers, and fifth wheels, but does not include any type of utility trailers.) 
  • Obtaining a permit will allow residents to park legally on a public street without the possibility of receiving a citation for being parked between 2 a.m.- 5 a.m.
  • Click here to read Corona Municipal Code 10.20.250 for Oversized Vehicles Regulations

How to Get a Permit

Corona residents can call 951-736-2355, Monday thru Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. If calling after 4:00 p.m. and on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and all legal holidays, residents can call 951-736-2330 option 3. 

Residents requesting the 72 hour permit will be required to give the following information:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Phone number
  • License plate number
  • Make, model, color of the R/V
  • Dates the R/V will be parked at the location

Corona Truck Routes

Click here to view a downloadable PDF of the City of Corona's Truck Routes

Click here determine if your truck is legal length for Surface Streets

Ask Ally
Powered by AboutXtreme