CORONA DOG PARK
1886 Butterfield Dr
Corona, CA 92880
On Monday, June 2, 2003 at 10:00 a.m. Corona residents and their companion dogs witnessed the opening of the City's First Dog Park.
We believe this design will allow an accessible place for pet owners to socialize and exercise their dogs in a pleasant and secure environment.
The following rules and regulations apply to dogs in City parks, including designated dog park area
- It shall be unlawful for any person owning or having charge, care, or custody of any dog in a city park not to immediately pick up and properly dispose of the feces of such dog. Proper disposal shall include the placement of such feces in a bag or other container, its removal from the park, and its disposal in an appropriate depository; provided, however, in a designated Dog Park Area, such bag or other container may be deposited in a container, if any designated for such purpose.
- Children fourteen years of age and younger must be accompanied and supervised by a person at least eighteen years of age while in a designated dog park area, and such children are not permitted to run, shout, scream, wave their arms, or otherwise excite or antagonize dogs in a designated dog park area.
- No person may have more than two dogs in a designated dog park area at any one time.
- Any dog in a designated dog park area must be visible and under the voice control of person having custody of such dog while the dog is in the dog park area.
- No dogs are permitted in a designated dog park area except during posted hours of operation.
- Every dog in a designated Dog Park Area shall be over the age of four months and shall be vaccinated for rabies and parvo. The owner or other persons having charge, care, custody or control of a dog in a dog park area must be able to produce upon request by proper authorities, vaccination records for the dog.
- No person shall place a dog that is sick or in heat in a designated dog park area.
- No person shall place an aggressive dog, of any breed, in a designated dog park area even if such dog is on a leash.
- Any person having care or custody of a dog in a dog park area shall quiet the dog if the dog barks excessively.
- No person shall bring any animal other than a dog to a dog park area unless otherwise specifically authorized by the director of parks, recreation and community services.
- The use of a dog park area by an owner or other person having charge, care, custody or control of a dog shall constitute agreement by that person to follow all applicable rules and his or her agreement to protect, indemnify, defend and hold harmless the city and its officials, officers and employees from any claim, damage or injury to property or persons (including wrongful death) arising from or in connection with such use.