Maintenance Services welcomes volunteers!
The Maintenance Services Department operates and maintains public facilities and equipment in an efficient, cost-effective manner as well as enhances parks and open spaces within the City for the benefit and enjoyment of residents.
Become a Park Ambassador
The Maintenance Services Department is looking for residents who regularly visit their local parks and want to keep them clean and safe for everyone to enjoy. The Maintenance Services Department is committed to furthering public outreach and involvement in maintaining the high standards of Corona’s Parks. Through community involvement the Park Ambassador Program supports and enhances the mission and goals of Corona’s Maintenance Services Department. Volunteers give back to their community by reporting problems like graffiti, broken equipment, hazardous conditions and more.
- To provide Corona residents the opportunity to volunteer and improve Corona’s park system
- To assist the Maintenance Services Department with identifying the overall condition of the park through regular observation and reporting
- Encourage a proactive approach to maintaining the high standards and integrity of Corona’s parks
- Through regular reporting act as a deterrent against crime, vandalism, and other unwanted behaviors that might occur in parks
- Create a volunteer base that will be a visible and informative presence to park patrons
Park Ambassador Duties:
- Pass the standard city requirement for all volunteers with a Live Scan
- Receive a program handbook with checklist
- Receive one time, short training
- Learn how to spot maintenance problems and report them
- Visit local parks regularly