Yolanda Carrillo is currently the Executive Director/CEO of the Corona-Norco Family YMCA. Her years of service with the YMCA date back to 1996 when she began her career at the Redlands YMCA. She moved to Corona in 1997 and promptly began employment with the Corona-Norco YMCA. She has played an integral role in building the YMCA from a one program site to today’s Y that operates out of eleven program sites.
Carrillo has worked for the federal government in the Social Security Administration as well as the National Labor Relations Board. Her professional experiences have taken her through many journeys that have given her a remarkable understanding of community development.
Carrillo holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Human Services and a dual Master of Science Degree in Organizational Leadership and Community Psychology. She is a proud holder of a Child Development Program Director Permit, and has also taught at a four-year college.
Carrillo is an active member of her community, serving in many different capacities for her city, county, and state organizations. She is a board member of the Corona Police Community Partnership, Corona Chamber of Commerce, Unity, and Simple Acts of Care and Kindness. She is also a member of the Corona Woman’s Improvement Club, Corona Rotary Noon Club, Corona Elks Lodge, among many other organizations. Carrillo most recently served as a Planning Commissioner for the City of Corona’s Planning and Housing Commission.
- Soroptomist International – Woman of Distinction Award Economic and Social Development 2000
- United Neighbors Involving Today’s Youth Board - Exemplary Community Service 2001
- Nominated as Executive Director of the Year by The Community Foundation Serving Riverside and San Bernardino Counties 2006
- Boy Scouts of America - Distinguished Citizen of the Year 2007
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) - Community Bridge Builder 2012
- The Corona Chamber of Commerce - Citizen of the Year 2013
- The Naval Surface Warfare Center Corona Division - Honorary Commanding Officer 2014
- Unforgettable Hearts Foundation – Biggest Hearts of the Inland Empire 2014
- Spirit of Entrepreneur Finalist Social Entrepreneur 2014
- Congregational Beth Shalom Shatuf Tzedek (Business Partner) Award 2016
- California Chamber of Commerce – Small Business Advocate of the Year 2016
- Norco Area Chamber of Commerce – Community Champion of the Year - 2017
Email Councilmember Yolanda Carrillo
400 S. Vicentia Ave, Corona CA 92882