This non-profit organization assists with the development, maintenance and promotion of parks and recreation programs in the City of Corona. CPF was incorporated in November 1993 as a non-profit public benefit corporation - 501(c)(3), with the specific purposes of:
- Assisting in the provision, development, and maintenance of public parks, recreation, and community services in the City of Corona.
- Raising funds through dues, donations, grants, and solicitation to enhance the quality of life in the City of Corona by promoting and providing parks and recreation programs for citizens of all ages.
- David Wright, President
- Bob Dressler, Secretary
- Wes Speake, Director
- Michele Wentworth, Director
- Ingrith Fuentes, Director
- David Seltzer, Director
- Amanda Kalkanis, Director
JOIN THE TEAM! - 2019-20 Board Application [PDF] - Closes July 11, 2019
What the Foundation Has Accomplished
Since its establishment, CPF has participated and assisted in the development of the following projects:
- Donated $50,000 to the City of Corona for a new inclusive playground at Lincoln Park
- Made donations for special events at Corona’s Senior Center and Adaptive Recreation Program
- Dr. Herman Memorial Tot Lot at Santana Park
- Corona Skate Park at City Park
- Roger Miller Memorial Tot Lot at Rimpau Park
- Butterfield Dog Park
- Corona Veterans Memorial
- Kellogg, Brentwood and Mountain Gate Parks
Three Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant swings have been installed at three Corona parks: Kellogg, Brentwood and Mountain Gate Parks. These universally accessible swings enable both young children and children with special needs to feel the thrill of a ride on a swing, while allowing their parents to easily and safely take them in and out of the swing via new rubberized surfacing also installed. The rubberized surface at the sites provides easy access to the swings, especially for those who may have a walker or wheel chair. A big thank you goes out to the members of the Corona Rotary Club for their generous donations of the swings.