This non-profit organization assists with the development, maintenance and promotion of parks and recreation programs in the City of Corona. CPF was incorporated in November 1993 as a non-profit public benefit corporation - 501(c)(3), with the specific purposes of:
- Assisting in the provision, development, and maintenance of public parks, recreation, and community services in the City of Corona.
- Raising funds through dues, donations, grants, and solicitation to enhance the quality of life in the City of Corona by promoting and providing parks and recreation programs for citizens of all ages.
Trails to Ales Poker Run | October, 2018 - Date & Time TBD
The Trails to Ales Poker Run is a 5 mile hike with 4 specific check-ins on Corona’s hiking trails, with a final check-in at Rock ‘n Brews. At each check-in, players draw a card from a Dealer who stamps the player’s Poker Hand (game card) with the card drawn. Collect 5 stamps to form a poker hand. Don't want to hike? Skip the check-ins and purchase up to 4 stamps!
- $20/Poker Hand (no limit)
- Extra stamps/discards $5
- Early bird special (purchase prior to May 31 for $15 or 2 for $25)
- Best poker hand wins $500 Visa Gift Card
- Second best hand wins $100 Visa Gift Card
- Worst hand wins a special edition set of Stone Church Brewing Oktoberfest Steins
- Additional prizes TBA
- 50/50 raffle
- You must be 21 to purchase a Poker Hand
- Sign and turn in a waiver at the starting point at Rock ‘n Brews to receive your Poker Hand.
- Draw one card at each of 5 check-ins from a Dealer. The Dealer will stamp your Poker Hand with the card drawn. If you draw a duplicate card, you can draw another card. You can visit each check-in in any order.
- You can buy up to 4 stamps for $5/stamp.
- You can improve your hand and discard up to 2 stamps for $5/stamps.
- Poker Hands are scored using standard poker hand rankings as follows: Royal flush, straight flush, four of a kind, full house, flush, straight, three of a kind, two pair, one pair, high card.
- Dealers will be at check-ins starting at 10:30 a.m. and will remain until 2 p.m. Scoring begins at 2:30 p.m.
- Poker Hands turned in after 2:30 p.m. are ineligible for prizes.
- Poker Hands do not need to have 5 stamps to win.
- Altered or spoiled Poker Hands will be voided.
- Winners will be announced at 3 p.m. and need not be present.
- Hike responsibly. Know your limits.
- Rain or shine.
Eat at Rock & Brews & Proceeds will also benefit the Corona Parks Foundation
Rock & Brews 3550 Grand Oaks, Corona, CA 92881
All food and beverage sales, including takeout orders will be applied towards the 15% donation, excluding sales tax and gratuities.
- Wes Speake, Director
- Michele Wentworth, Director
- Ingrith Fuentes, Director
- David Seltzer, Director
- Laura Seltzer, Director
- Amanda Kalkanis, Director
- Eugene Montanez, Ex Officio Director
What the Foundation Has Accomplished
Since its establishment, CPF has participated and assisted in the development of the following projects:
- Dr. Herman Memorial Tot Lot at Santana Park
- Corona Skate Park at City Park
- Roger Miller Memorial Tot Lot at Rimpau Park
- Butterfield Dog Park
- Corona Veterans Memorial
- Kellogg, Brentwood and Mountain Gate Parks
Three Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant swings have been installed at three Corona parks: Kellogg, Brentwood and Mountain Gate Parks. These universally accessible swings enable both young children and children with special needs to feel the thrill of a ride on a swing, while allowing their parents to easily and safely take them in and out of the swing via new rubberized surfacing also installed. The rubberized surface at the sites provides easy access to the swings, especially for those who may have a walker or wheel chair. A big thank you goes out to the members of the Corona Rotary Club for their generous donations of the swings.