In FY 2017-18, we plan to:
- Provide continuous evaluation of cost-saving measures.
- Provide enhanced service and more direct access for City officials and employees.
- Continue to look for opportunities to expand expertise and reduce outside legal counsel expenses.
- Continue to look for opportunities to work with other departments to provide enhanced service, in-depth updates, and improvements to their policies and procedures.
- Develop and retain high quality professional staff dedicated to the department’s mission statement.
- Promote a tenacious yet fair and professional reputation in on-going advocacy for the City in order to best protect City resources and safeguard community interests.
- Continue to effectively defend City resources, create efficiencies and increase cost-savings and subrogation (cost recovery) efforts.
- Evaluate the Workers’ Compensation third party claims administrator agreement in an effort to further improve cost savings, effectiveness and transparency.
- Continue to evaluate/implement ways to cost-effectively provide quality medical care to injured employees, in order to facilitate their recovery to pre-injury status and return to work as soon as reasonably possible.