The Continuous Service Agreement allows property owners and managers to maintain uninterrupted water service while a rental property is vacant. By signing this form, owner agrees to / understands the following:
1. The meters for the properties listed on this Agreement will be transferred automatically into the owner’s name when a tenant discontinues service with the City of Corona Department of Water and Power (Corona DWP). The owner will be responsible for all services and charges until the time a new tenant establishes service.
2. This agreement will stay in eﬀect until the owner notiﬁes Corona DWP in writing at least 5 working days prior to cancellation. Liability for charges incurred during any period that Corona DWP was not notiﬁed will be the owner’s responsibility.
3. Upon cancellation of this Agreement, any active service in the owner’s name listed on this agreement will be turned oﬀ unless Corona DWP is notiﬁed otherwise.
4. The initial New Account Set-up fee(s) will not be waived. Only subsequent New Account Set-up fee(s) will be waived.
5. It is the owner’s responsibility to inform the tenants of their need to establish their account with Corona DWP at the time of occupancy.
6. The owner must notify Corona DWP of any changes of contact information or mailing address.
7. This agreement does not prevent disconnection of service due to a tenant’s or owner’s nonpayment of bills or deposit.