Corona's electric utility was established on April 2001 in response to state-wide rolling blackouts and electric price instability.
Corona's electric utility was established on April 4, 2001, by City Council Resolution No. 2001-25 in response to state-wide rolling blackouts and electric price instability. All new residents and developments are prospective customers of the City's electric utility. New residents and developments will only become customers of the new electric utility when it is cost effective to have an interconnection with Southern California Edison ("SCE") facilities.
The electric utility provides fully bundled electric service to City owned and operated facilities and eight areas within the City. It also provides energy delivery services to municipal and commercial customers within the City. The utility currently serves loads with about 25 MW of peak demand. Click here for a map of our electric service areas.
The City of Corona's electric rates are calculated using the following seasonally adjusted baselines:
Summer: 470 kwh per month or 15.66 kwh per day.
Winter: 355 kwh per month or 11.83 kwh per day.
Specific services of interest to commercial and residential customers are provided below.
|Energy Charge $/kWh/Meter||Summer & Summer|
|Tier 1– Baseline Quantities||0.11808|
|Tier 2– 101% to 130% of Baseline||0.13741|
|Tier 3– 131% to 200% of Baseline||0.22696|
|Tier 4– Over 200% of Baseline||0.32337|
|Customer Charge - $/Meter/Day|
|Multi- Family Residence||0.022|
|GENERAL SERVICE RATES|
|Summer Season – On-Peak||0.13561|
|Winter Season – Mid-Peak||0.11282|
|Customer Charge - $/Meter/Month||277.25|
|Demand Charge - $/kW of Billing Demand/Meter/Month|
|Summer Season – On-Peak||18.16|
|Power Factor Adjustment - $/KVA||0.18|
On-Peak: 12 noon to 6 p.m. Summer Weekdays, Except Holidays
Mid-Peak: 8 a.m. to 12 noon and 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. Summer Weekdays, Except Holidays
Off-Peak: All other hours
Forms, Applications and Information
- Current Electricity Rates
- Application for the Establishment or Reestablishment of Electric Service
- Application for New Electric Service (New Construction)
- Electric Rates & Tariffs
- Electric Rules & Regulations
- Service Area
- CDWP Electric Utility Wildfire Mitigation Plan (WMP) - Approved December 18, 2019
- Fire Department Qualified Independent Evaluator Report of the CDWP WMP - Accepted December 18, 2019
Annual Power Content Source Disclosure
Annual disclosure statements let you see the power sources that supply Corona's electric utility.
- 2008 Power Content Label
- 2009 Power Content Label
- 2010 Power Content Label
- 2011 Power Content Label
- 2012 Power Content Label
- 2013 Power Content Label
- 2014 Power Content Label
- 2015 Power Content Label
- 2016 Power Content Label
- 2017 Power Content Label
- 2018 Power Content Label
Quick Facts About The Electric Division
- Municipally owned electric utility established April 4, 2001
- Serves approximately 1,800 customers
- Current load is approximately 25 MW of peak demand
Solar Energy Resources
- City of Corona Solar Rebates
- Tax Incentives Assistance Project
- Go Solar California
- U.S. Department of Energy - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
- National Center for Photovoltaics
- Solar Electric Power Association