The City of Corona's grading ordinance can be read online at Corona Municipal Code Chapter 15.36. For questions related to the grading ordinance, please call Public Works at (951) 736-2266.
General Construction Permit
All projects disturbing one or more acres must file a Notice of Intent (NOI) to obtain coverage under the State's General Contruction Permit. The permit and additional information can be found online at the Waterboards website,or call Mike Roth with the Santa Ana Regional Board at (951) 320-2027.
The owner/contractor must submit a Notice of Intent before starting to grade. The Water Board will issue a Wastewater Discharge ID (WDID) number to you that is required in order to obtain a grading permit from the City of Corona.
Water Quality Management Plans (WQMP)
Certain significant redevelopment and new development projects are required to prepare a Water Quality Management Plan to address urban runoff water quality issues in the City of Corona. The following documents will help you in preparing and submitting your WQMP to the City of Corona:
- Riverside County WQMP Guidance Document (PDF format, 3.00MB) * NEW WQMP Approved October 22, 2012. This is the model WQMP guidance document for Riverside County
- Project-Specific WQMP Template (Word document) * NEW WQMP Template Approved October 22, 2012. This report template should be used when preparing the project-specific WQMP. Note: Right click on the link, then select the "save target" option to save the Word file to your local computer.
- Source Control Checklist (PDF Format). This checklist should be used when preparing the project-specific WQMP template above.
- Basin Plan Reaches within the City of Corona (PDF format). This is a map of the waterbodies within the City which can be a useful tool for identifying receiving waters and impairments for your project.
- Curb Marker Guidelines for the City of Corona (PDF format)
- Erosion Control / Stormwater Best Management Practices
- WQMP Maintenance and Right of Entry Agreement (PDF format-Please contact the NPDES Section for the Word template/document)