Building Division


400 South Vicentia Avenue
Corona, CA 92882


Email Inspection

Email Plan Check

Room Additions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Omission of any required items circle below will result in refusal of plans for plan check.

  • Submit five (5) complete sets of plans including:
    • Plot plan with property line dimensions and location of the building and any other structures including the proposed room addition (see "Sample plot plan" available at front counter).
    • Foundation plan.
    • Floor plan.
    • Ceiling and roof framing plan. Indicate rafter spans and spacing, purlins, and rafter ties.
    • Electrical plan: (Electrical service shall be underground, C.M.C. 15.60) For a new service location contact - Tony Lopez, Edison Planner at 909-930-8515 or Lyle Trend at 909-930-8435
      • Panel location.
      • Lighting and outlet layout.
      • Circuit schedule and demand load.
    • Plumbing isometrics:
      • Water distribution.
      • Waste and venting.
      • Gas distribution.
    • Provide a mechanical plan:
      • Location and size of all registers (supply & return)Size, location, & manufacturers specifications for all equipment.
  • Provide two (2) sets of "wet" stamped and signed Structural Calculations and roof truss calculations.
  • Provide two (2) sets of Title 24 Energy Calculations. A "CF-1R" form is available at the front counter.
  • Provide two (2) sets of Soils Report.
  • Provide two (2) sets of Soil Percolation Test for proposed septic systems.
  • Provide water test for newly drilled wells from Riverside County Department of Health.
  • Separate permits are required for Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical, Patio covers, Swimming Pools, Fencing, Garden and Retaining walls.
  • Comply with Corona Burglary Ordinance #15.52 (copies available at front counter).
  • Fees: Consult with Department of Water & Power and Public Works Departments for any additional fees.
  • All contractors and sub-contractors must show proof of State and City licenses and shall comply with Section 3800 of the Labor Code regarding Workers' Compensation. Home owners performing and/or coordinating their own construction must complete an Owner-Builder Verification form.

Call Corona-Norco School District for school fees 951-736-5045


Ask Ally
Powered by AboutXtreme