COVID-19: More businesses set to reopen Friday
As Riverside County continues to move to reopen its economy, county officials are announcing the types of businesses that may reopen Friday (June 12) as part of the state’s additional businesses now included in accelerated stage two.
Riverside County health officials emphasize, however, that as residents visit more places in the community, it is ever-more important to take steps to protect themselves from coronavirus. Officials urge residents to continue to wear face coverings when they leave the home and maintain social distancing when out in public. Frequent hand washing is also important to help slow the spread of coronavirus.
Residents are encouraged to visit businesses that are taking safety precautions for their employees and customers by following local guidance and industry-specific guidance issued by the state. Additional business guidance will be made available on RivCoBizHelp.org website, with input from the Riverside County Economic Recovery Task Force.
The businesses that will be eligible to open Friday include:
- Hotels, motels, inns (for tourism and travel)
- Schools, day camps, daycares
- Campgrounds and outdoor recreation
- Filming for television and music industries
- Restaurants, bars and wineries
- Museums, galleries, zoos and aquariums
- Professional sports (no audience)
- Movie theaters and family entertainment centers
- Gyms and fitness centers
Among the business that are not allowed at this stage include some personal care businesses, including nail salons, threading and waxing, as well as youth sports, team sports, weddings and libraries.
Get Tested for COVID-19
As always, residents of all ages are encouraged to get tested, with or without symptoms, to identify where the disease is currently present in the community and where it is not. Testing continues to be an integral focus as more residents visit more businesses. Don't forget, the Corona Senior Center is currently serving as a COVID-19 testing site. Make an appointment now! Visit www.rivcoph.org/coronavirus/testing for more information on testing locations and how to make an appointment.
State Guidelines on Reopening
- Campgrounds, RV Parks, and Outdoor Recreation (PDF)
- Hotels, Lodging and Short Term Rentals (PDF)
- Cardrooms, Satellite Wagering Facilities and Racetracks (PDF)
- Family Entertainment Centers (PDF)
- Restaurants, Bars, and Wineries (PDF)
- Fitness Facilities (PDF)
- Museums, Galleries, Zoos, and Aquariums (PDF)
Stay informed with our COVID-19 Information Line!
Call us at (951) 817-5800.
Text us at (833) 482-0029.
Email us at COVID19info@CoronaCA.gov.
COVID-19 Quick Links