Construction Alert: Keith Water Storage Tank and Pipeline Improvement Project
Construction continues on schedule for the Keith 1220-Zone Potable Water Storage Tank Project. The remaining work includes construction of 2.5 million-gallon concrete tank, undergrounding of nearby power and telephone lines, and street improvements to the project area.
To date, crews have completed ¼ mile of new waterline from Duncan Way to the tank site, storm drains and reclaimed waterline in Nelson Street, and the tank site excavation.
On June 17th concrete will be cast for the tank foundation. Construction trucks will start arriving at 5 a.m. The activity scheduled for June 17 will be the first and largest of a number of future concrete pours to include the wall sections, the roof columns inside the tank, and the roof. These concrete construction days will occur intermittently through September 2020.
What to Expect:
• Heavy equipment will be active on Nelson Street and Keith Street
• Concrete trucks will start arriving at 5:00 am
• Approximately 46 concrete trucks delivering 460 cubic yards of concrete will access the site for over 8 hours
• The workday will be extended until late afternoon
• Nelson Street will remain closed from Masters Drive to Keith Street
For additional information, please call (800) 249-9032 or email Publ.Wks@CoronaCA.gov.
Thank you for your patience while we work to improve our water distribution system.