🌧️ Rain is Headed our Way – Sandbags are Available
Periods of heavy rain are predicted over our region. Rain thresholds are not predicted to reach debris flow thresholds; however, weather is always unpredictable. Because of this, residents in the Canyon Fire Burn area are asked to always remain vigilant, stay alert, and monitor information sources. Areas within the downslope of the Canyon Fire burned areas have an increased risk of erosion, flash flooding, and debris flows.
Sandbags are Available
In preparation for the upcoming storm, up to ten free pre-filled sandbags are available for Corona Residents at Santana Park, located at 598 Santana Way.
Quick Rainy Day Safety Tips
- Slow down. It takes longer to stop or adjust in wet weather.
- Increase your following distance.
- Be more alert when driving in wet or slippery conditions. Watch out for brake lights in front of you. Avoid distractions.
- Turn your headlights on even in light rain, or in gloomy, foggy or overcast conditions.
- Never drive through moving water.