Construction Alert: Sixth St. and Yorba St. Water Pipeline and Road Improvement Project
The Sixth Street and Yorba Street Water Pipeline and Road Improvement Project construction to move from 6th St. to Yorba St. in Early March
The project involves upgrading approximately 1,200 linear feet of water pipelines, including water service connections, fire hydrants and other associated work. In addition, the contractor will resurface the asphalt pavement in Yorba Street from Sixth Street to 200 feet south of Pleasant View Avenue and the asphalt pavement within the work area in Sixth Street. Select portions of concrete sidewalk and driveway entrances will also be replaced. The project will resolve frequent waterline leaks along Sixth Street, replace aging and undersized waterlines in Yorba Street, increase water reliability and improve the pavement and sidewalk surfaces in the area.
6th Street from Smith Avenue to Yorba Street:
• Nighttime construction will continue through early March.
• Final paving and striping will take place in late April/early May.
• Temporary water shut-downs will take place in early March with advance notice given.
Yorba Street from Pleasant View Avenue to 6th Street:
• Construction is anticipated to begin in late February/early March and continue through late April.
• Final paving and striping will take place late April/early May.
• Daytime construction hours are Monday - Friday from 7:00 am -3:30 pm.
• No street parking will be allowed Monday - Friday from March - May. Please observe posted "No Parking" signs to avoid vehicle towing.
• Temporary water shut-downs will take place in late April with advance notice given.
• Expect noise/dust/traffic control/parking restrictions.
Project updates will be provided. For additional information, please call (951) 736-2266 or email Publ.Wks@CoronaCA.gov.
Please be advised that traffic delays are to be expected. Plan accordingly by taking alternate routes to avoid driving through the construction zone and allowing more travel time for anticipated traffic delays. We are committed to completing the project as quickly as possible; however this timeframe could change due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances. The City of Corona appreciates your patience and support while we make these important infrastructure improvements. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.