Calling all Corona Non-Profits: Submit Co-Sponsorship Requests by March 6th
The City of Corona is creating the budget for co-sponsored events taking place next fiscal year July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021 and invites qualified non-profit organizations to submit their written requests for co-sponsorship by March 6, 2020.
Qualified non-profit organizations are defined as:
- A non-profit 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization or other government agencies.
- Must be based within the City of Corona or must have a local branch or non-profit affiliation within the City.
- The organizations event must be designed to accomplish one of more of the following objectives:
- Promote the City of Corona as a desirable place to live, visit or do business.
- Promote the City of Corona as a visitor destination and/or bring tourism-associated revenue for the City.
- Enhance the quality of life and well-being of the residents of the City of Corona.
- Advance the City’s commitment to, and pride in, being a multicultural community.
- Encourage the development of neighborhood identity and pride.
- Promote cultural and artistic awareness within the community.
Please note: The City discourages co-sponsorship request if: the co-sponsorship request conflicts with other approved co-sponsorship events, and/or the request conflicts with a City event.
Guidelines for Written Requests
City co-sponsorship shall be limited to “in-kind” donations of City services in lieu of direct monetary donations. Examples of “in-kind” donations are the waiving of certain permit fees associated with an event or covering City staff time cost incurred as a result of the event. Written requests should include a background description of the specific event, scope of activities and the event’s significance to the residents of Corona. The request should also include an itemized breakdown of the event’s total cost and the specific City services that are being requested. To help you determine if City services will be needed and associated costs, please call (951) 279-3710.
Please submit written requests by March 6, 2020, to Naomi Ramirez at Naomi.Ramirez@CoronaCA.gov or by mail to City of Corona, Management Services, Suite 315, 400 S. Vicentia Avenue, Corona, CA 92882.