Homelessness Solutions Community Meetings Kick Off Tomorrow
The City of Corona is currently in the process of developing a Homeless Strategic Plan. An essential part of the process is to solicit feedback from businesses, residents, nonprofits, the faith community, schools and colleges, homeless and formerly homeless neighbors, and other stakeholders like you!
As part of the community input process, the City invites you to join the conversation and attend one of five community meetings to be held in the Multi-Purpose Room at Corona City Hall (400 South Vicentia Avenue) on the following dates:
- Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2020, beginning at 9 a.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2020, beginning at 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2020, beginning at 9 a.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2020, beginning at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 15, 2020, beginning at 1:30 p.m.
Each meeting will present the same information. You are invited to attend the date that best works for your schedule.
The meeting will include:
- Homeless Strategic Plan PowerPoint Presentation
- Open community dialogue to discuss challenges/opportunities, best practices/strategies, goals/measurements, and a name for the plan
- Completion of a survey at the end of the meeting to providing additional written input on challenges and solutions
Community members who are not able to make it to the community meetings are encouraged to take the online survey to provide input on the Homeless Strategic Plan. The online survey will close on Friday, Feb. 21, at 5 p.m.
Your participation in the process will help us to work together as a community to better address homelessness in the City of Corona!