Construction Alert: Sixth St. and Yorba St. Water Pipeline and Road Improvement Project
The Sixth Street and Yorba Street Water Pipeline and Road Improvement Project construction will begin mid-January, weather permitting.
The project involves upgrading approximately 1,200 linear feet of water pipelines, including water service connections, fire hydrants and other associated work. In addition, the contractor will resurface the asphalt pavement in Yorba Street from Sixth Street to 200 feet south of Pleasant View Avenue and the asphalt pavement within the work area in Sixth Street. Select portions of concrete sidewalk and driveway entrances will also be replaced. The project will resolve frequent waterline leaks along Sixth Street, replace aging and undersized waterlines in Yorba Street, increase water reliability and improve the pavement and sidewalk surfaces in the area.
Current Activities (Phase 1)
• Nighttime construction will begin mid-January, pending weather conditions, and continue through mid-February on W. Sixth St. from S. Smith Ave. to Yorba St.
• Construction hours are Sunday night to Friday morning, between 9 p.m. to 4 a.m.
• The contractor will observe the following holidays: Martin Luther King Jr. Day and President's Day.
Upcoming Activities (Phase 2)
• Daytime construction will take place mid-February through April on Yorba St. from Pleasant View Ave. to W Sixth St.
• Construction hours are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
What to Expect During Construction:
• Notifications with specific construction information were mailed in mid-December
• Increased construction traffic and delays
• Lane closures, parking and sidewalk restrictions
• Lighted work area during nighttime construction
• Temporary water service interruptions with advance notice given
• Driveway access will remain available as much as possible
Project updates will be provided. For additional information, please call (951) 736-2266 or email Publ.Wks@CoronaCA.gov.
Please be advised that traffic delays are to be expected. Plan accordingly by taking alternate routes to avoid driving through the construction zone and allowing more travel time for anticipated traffic delays. We are committed to completing the project as quickly as possible; however this timeframe could change due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances. The City of Corona appreciates your patience and support while we make these important infrastructure improvements. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.