Earn Extra Money While Supporting Your Community – Be a Census Taker
Earn extra income while supporting your community!
The U.S. Census Bureau is recruiting thousands of people across the country to assist with the 2020 Census count. These positions provide the perfect opportunity to earn some extra income while helping your community. The results of the 2020 Census will help determine each state’s representation in Congress, as well as how certain funds are spent for schools, hospitals, roads, and more. This is your chance to play a part in history and help ensure that everyone in your community is counted!
Positions provide excellent pay, flexible hours, paid training, and they are close to home!
Multiple Positions Available:Office Clerks ($15.50 per hour)
Perform various administrative and clerical tasks to support various daily operations.
Assist in the management of office functions and day-to-day activities.
Census Field Supervisors ($18.50 per hour)
Conduct fieldwork to support and conduct on-the-job training for census takers and/or to follow-up in situations where census takers have confronted issues, such as not gaining entry to restricted areas.
Enumerators ($17.00 per hour)
Some field positions require employees to work during the day to locate addresses on buildings. Other field positions require interviewing the public, so employees must be available to work when people are usually at home, such as in the evening and on weekends.
Recruiting Assistants ($18.50 per hour)
Travel throughout assigned geographic areas to visit with community-based organizations, attend promotional events and conduct other recruiting activities.
To be eligible for a 2020 Census job, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a valid Social Security number.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Have a valid email address.
- Complete an application and answer assessment questions. (Some assessment questions are available in Spanish. However, an English proficiency test may also be required.)
- Be registered with the Selective Service System or have a qualifying exemption, if you are a male born after Dec. 31, 1959.
- Pass a Census-performed criminal background check and a review of criminal records, including fingerprinting.
- Commit to completing training.
- Be available to work flexible hours, which can include days, evenings, and/or weekends.
Visit 2020census.gov/jobs to apply online! For additional information, please call 1-855-JOB-2020 (1-855-562-2020).