Tips from Waste Management: Go Green this 4th of July
Independence Day is just a few days away! Waste Management is happy to share tips and tricks to go green this 4th of July.
Green your July 4th Celebration
• Choose reusable cups, plates, and dishware
• Set out containers to recycle empty bottles and cans
• If grilling with charcoal, allow coals to cool for at least 48 hours, 72 for extra precaution before disposing them in the trash. Never place coals/ashes in recycling or green waste containers.
Going out of town to celebrate 4th of July? Green your road trip!
• Get your car serviced. A well-maintained vehicle is a greener vehicle, so make sure to get your car tuned up before any long road trip. Regular maintenance such as tune-ups, oil changes, battery checks, and tire rotations can help prevent breakdowns.
• Rent a hybrid. If you plan to rent a car to save wear and tear on your own vehicle, consider a hybrid. Hybrids can travel up to three times as far as a standard sedan on a single tank of gas.
• Map out your route. Strategize your routes well in advance so you can plan for interstate changes, rest stops and avoid wrong turns all of which can save fuel.
• Pack smart. Loading up the car with too much stuff could reduce fuel efficiency. Extra pounds of luggage means extra gallons of gas.
• Don’t speed. Following the speed limit is not only critical for safety, but also better for overall fuel efficiency.
• Recycle on the go. Make recycling on the go easy by keeping two reusable bags in your car: One for trash and the other for empty bottles and cans.
Holiday Delay Reminder
Trash and recycling will be delayed by one day for Thursday and Friday customers in observance of Independence Day.