May 13-17: Cajalco Road / I-15 Interchange Improvement Project
Crews will work overnight to move k-rail, pave and stripe the new Southbound I-15 Loop On-Ramp, Northbound on- and off-ramps and Cajalco Rd
What to expect:*
• Due to inclement weather on May 9, 2019, the scheduled closures were canceled and the Southbound I-15 Loop On-Ramp was not opened. The closures have been rescheduled below.
• Please be advised, work may be noisy due to construction equipment moving on- and off-site, equipment back up alarms, and other construction related noise.
• Temporary lighting will be used to illuminate areas around the work zone.
• All closures are weather permitting. If inclement weather occurs, the closures will be automatically canceled and rescheduled.
• Access will be provided for emergency services during the closures.
LOCAL LANE RESTRICTIONS AND RAMP CLOSURES*
Monday, May 13, 8 PM - 4 AM
Local Roadway and Bridge Restrictions
Cajalco Rd and the Cajalco Rd Bridge will be CLOSED between Grand Oaks and Bedford Canyon Rd. Flaggers will be used to direct traffic from Grand Oaks to Temescal Canyon to complete the striping on an as-needed basis.
-Detour signs will be posted. Detour map is below.
Full Ramp Closures
Northbound I-15 Off-ramp at Cajalco Rd
Northbound I-15 On-ramp at Cajalco Rd
Southbound I-15 Off-ramp at Cajalco Rd
Southbound I-15 On-ramp at Cajalco Rd
Monday, May 13 from 8 PM - 4 AM: Northbound I-15 On-Ramp at El Cerrito Rd will be closed by the I-15 Express Lanes Project.
On the morning of Tuesday, May 14 at 4 a.m., the new Southbound I-15 Loop On-Ramp at Cajalco Rd will be opened. The intersection of the new Southbound I-15 Loop On-Ramp and the temporary Cajalco Bypass Rd will include a section of temporary asphalt until the new Cajalco Rd Bridge and Roadway are completed.
About the Cajalco Road/I-15 Interchange Improvement Project
The Cajalco Road/ I-15 Interchange Improvement Project will widen Cajalco Road from two to six lanes from Temescal Canyon Road to Bedford Canyon Road. The project also proposes several improvements to the entrance and exit ramps and auxiliary lanes. Visit the Project website http://i15Cajalco.com for the latest information.
I-15 Express Lanes Project: Visit i15project.info for closure information.
Limonite Ave / I-15 Interchange Improvement Project: Visit i15limonite.org for closure information.
Temescal Canyon Widening Project: Visit rcprojects.org for closure information.