March 18-21: Cajalco Road / I-15 Interchange Improvement Project Update
Crews will continue working to safely remove the steel beams (falsework) used to form the new Cajalco Rd Bridge.
What to expect:*
• Over the next three weeks, the contractor will continue to fully close the I-15 freeway in one direction at a time. Weekly updates will be provided.
• Please be advised, work may be noisy due to construction equipment moving on- and off-site, equipment back up alarms, and other construction related noise.
• Temporary lighting will be used to illuminate areas around the work zone.
• All closures are weather permitting. If inclement weather occurs, the closures will be automatically canceled and rescheduled.
• Access will be provided for emergency services during the closures.
ROADWAY, FREEWAY LANE RESTRICTIONS AND RAMP CLOSURES*
Monday, March 18 • 8 PM - 4 AM
Full Freeway Closure (10 p.m.)
Southbound I-15 from El Cerrito Rd to Weirick Rd/Dos Lagos Dr
Local Roadway Restrictions
Cajalco Rd. and the Cajalco Rd Bridge will be CLOSED between Grand Oaks/Cajalco Rd and Bedford Canyon Rd/Cajalco Rd Intersection
Full Ramp Closures
Southbound I-15 On-and off-ramps at Cajalco Rd Southbound I-15 On-Ramp at El Cerrito Rd
Northbound I-15 On-ramp at Cajalco Rd
Northbound I-15 from Weirick Rd/Dos Lagos Dr to El Cerrito Rd
- Detour signs will be posted. Detour map is below.
- Northbound I-15 will have one lane OPEN
- Northbound I-15 Off-Ramp at Cajalco Rd will remain OPEN
DAYTIME Tuesday - Thursday March 19-21 • 7 AM - 3 PM
Intermittent Freeway Traffic Breaks Intermittent Southbound I-15 traffic breaks at Cajalco Rd
-Freeway lanes may be stopped for up to 5 minutes by the California Highway Patrol to safely remove a portion of the falsework.
*Note: Due to inclement weather or unforeseen issues, these dates and times are subject to change without notice. If inclement weather occurs, freeway closures be automatically canceled and rescheduled. All closures are as-needed and weather permitting.
Check out an Aerial Video of the Project
About this Project
The Cajalco Road/ I-15 Interchange Improvement Project will widen Cajalco Road from two to six lanes from Temescal Canyon Road to Bedford Canyon Road. The project also proposes several improvements to the entrance and exit ramps and auxiliary lanes. Visit the Project website http://i15Cajalco.com for the latest information.