Feb. 6-15 Construction Alert: Cajalco Road / I-15 Interchange Improvement Project
February 6 through February 15, 2019 Project Update
CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES: Crews will work overnight to pour concrete in the bridge deck of the Cajalco Rd Bridge.
WHAT TO EXPECT:*
- The contractor has scheduled weekly closures, everyday (M-F), in the next two weeks for the bridge deck pour #1 and deck pour #2.
- Each deck pour will only require ONE night of closures. Both deck pours can occur during the same week.
- The additional nights will be automatically cancelled.
- Please be advised, work may be noisy due to construction equipment moving on- and off-site, equipment back up alarms, and other construction related noise.
- Temporary lighting will be used to illuminate areas around the work zone.
NIGHTTIME ALTERNATING FREEWAY LANES AND RAMP CLOSURES*
Monday-Friday, February 6-8* and Monday-Friday, February 11-15* from 8 p.m. - 4 a.m.
Alternating Lanes: Northbound I-15 at Cajalco Rd and Southbound I-15 at Cajalco Rd. At least one lane will be open to traffic in each direction. Detour signs will be posted. Detour map is below.
Full Ramp Closures: Northbound I-15 Off-Ramp at Cajalco Rd and Southbound I-15 Off-Ramp at Cajalco Rd
*Only one NIGHT is needed for each bridge deck pour.
Monday-Friday, February 4-8 from 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Flaggers will be used on Cajalco Rd to assist with traffic control between the Bedford Canyon Rd and Grand Oaks Ave.
We encourage you to plan ahead, leave early and allow for extra time to reach your destination.
*Note: Due to inclement weather or unforeseen issues, these dates and times are subject to change without notice. If inclement weather occurs, freeway closures will be automatically canceled and rescheduled. All closures are as-needed and weather permitting.
About this Project
The Cajalco Road/ I-15 Interchange Improvement Project will widen Cajalco Road from two to six lanes from Temescal Canyon Road to Bedford Canyon Road. The project also proposes several improvements to the entrance and exit ramps and auxiliary lanes. Visit the Project website http://i15Cajalco.com for the latest information.