Economic Development: Kickin' it into high gear in Corona
Development is the backbone for a thriving community and we are excited to share some good news of attractions “Coming Soon!” The Corona Chamber continually works to promote Corona as a great place to open a business. The City of Corona parallels our efforts and often does the ‘heavy lifting’ when it comes to Economic Development. The Chamber Team works closely with all city departments, and regularly with the City’s dynamic and professional Economic Development team of Kimberly Davidson, Ryan Cortez and Michele Nissen.
Our combined efforts are outlined by the following:
- Business Attraction
- Job Growth / Job Creation
- Customer Service / Business Liaison
- Permit / Development Help
- Connections to resources
- Marketing to Business in Retail, Service Industry, Home Base and Manufacturing
NEW BUSINESSES AND RETAIL COMING TO CORONA
Dos Lagos: A beautiful development that showcases the first large shopping facility as people travel north on I-15. Owner Bryan Kang has invested millions into our economy. He has a large vision to improve the ‘experience’ of shoppers, and his plans to expand the property is awesome. Dos Lagos currently has the highest occupancy rate since Bryan assumed ownership and they are welcoming the following new tenants:
- Soho Poki
- Future Link
- Fearless Dance Co
- Panter’s Home Design & Flooring
- Reign Training Facility
- Float State – Float & Salt Therapy
Metro on Main: The luxury apartment center with high premium amenities has invested greatly in Corona and has approximately 70,000 square feet of retail space that is currently open or opening soon:
- Union Barber – Men’s Barber & craft beer
- Organic Junkie – Smoothie Bowl and Juice Bar
- Meraki Salon – Women’s Salon
- Poki Cat – Poki
- Starbucks – Coffee house
- Z Pizza Tap Room – Craft Pizza, sandwiches and self-pour beers
- Burger IM – Restaurant featuring gourmet sliders
- D’Vine Mediterranean Restaurant
- Kickin’ Crab
- America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses – Eyewear
- PAWS at Main – Pet Grooming
- Tacos Al Fuego
- S.T.E.A.M Academy
- Bella Lashes & Skincare
- Birdie Boutique – eclectic mix of home decor, clothing, jewelry, gifts and design services
- Magic Brow
- Metro Nail Lounge
El Cerrito / Foothill along the I-15 freeway is a unique development. The developer is seeking hotel and complimentary uses that will greatly benefit from this highly traveled interchange. Construction is underway with the following tenants under contract:
- The Habit Burger
- Pizza Hut Sport Bar (new sit-down concept)
- Circle K
- Herbal Nails and Spa
- Total Care (Urgent Care clinic)
Specific to Manufacturing:
- There are numerous programs offering exporting assistance including information about incentives from the State of California and U.S. Government that can help businesses grow. The City and Chamber work with local manufacturers to consider exporting to grow their business. Because of California’s strict guidelines and regulations, manufacturers who produce in our state can receive top dollar for their products in other countries. Exporting guidelines are readily available, including Certificate of Origin paperwork.
- The City and Chamber work to bring awareness to the LA Port where we are able to take groups of manufacturers interested in reviewing exporting opportunities.
- Manufacturers’ Council has grown significantly and with renewed enthusiasm for manufacturing. This group is specifically designed for manufacturers to work with one another, share common challenges and learn new programs and incentives that are available.
- Manufacturing month is celebrated nationwide in October; however, Corona is focused on manufacturing 24/7. Manufacturer’s Summit will take place on February 14th in Riverside, where many of our Corona-based businesses will showcase their products. Our efforts will continue throughout the year to work on federal and state regulations, as well as highlight the expansion of many businesses.
- One area that stands out for manufacturers is the need for “Skilled Workforce.” We have started a new partnership, the “Workforce Strike Team,” with Norco College, Corona-Norco Unified School District (CNUSD) and our local manufacturers to address this issue.
Innovation is always an area of focus. The Corona Innovation Center – Co:Lab District is currently under development.
Innovative and techy businesses can get monthly updates and network at “Tech-O Tuesdays” meetings, which are held the last Tuesday of each month
Corona’s Economic Development Team hosts various programs, seminars and workshops:
- Coffee with an Entrepreneur (2nd Monday of each month, starts at 8am at the Corona Chamber) and is FREE to attend
- CRE: Commercial Real Estate Mixer is held the 2nd Wednesday of each month
- The Business Hour (2nd Thursday of each month) starts at 8am at First Bank in Corona. This is FREE to attend
The Chamber and City of Corona are here to serve the business and we welcome you to connect with us.
Bobby Spiegel, CEO | President, Corona Chamber cell: 951.733.1836 Bobby@MyChamber.org
Heather Rawlings, Membership Development, Corona Chamber office: 951.737.3350 Heather@MyChamber.org
Michele Nissen, Assistant City Manager, City of Corona 951.739.4903 Michele.Nissen@CoronaCA.gov
Kimberly Davidson, Economic Development Manager, City of Corona 951.736.2297 Kimberly.Davidson@CoronaCA.gov
Ryan Cortez, Economic Development Coordinator, City of Corona 951.739.4964 Ryan.Cortez@CoronaCA.gov