2020 Census Jobs – Earn extra income while helping your community!
Earn extra income while helping your community. The U.S. Census Bureau is recruiting thousands of people across the country to assist with the 2020 Census count.
In advance of the 2020 Census, the U.S. Census Bureau is recruiting thousands of people for temporary jobs across the country.
These positions provide the perfect opportunity to earn some extra income while helping your community. The results of the 2020 Census will help determine each state’s representation in Congress, as well as how certain funds are spent for schools, hospitals, roads, and more. This is your chance to play a part in history and help ensure that everyone in your community is counted!
To be eligible for a 2020 Census job, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a valid Social Security number.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Have a valid email address.
- Complete an application and answer assessment questions. (Some assessment questions are available in Spanish. However, an English proficiency test may also be required.)
- Be registered with the Selective Service System or have a qualifying exemption, if you are a male born after Dec. 31, 1959.
- Pass a Census-performed criminal background check and a review of criminal records, including fingerprinting.
- Commit to completing training.
- Be available to work flexible hours, which can include days, evenings, and/or weekends.
How to Apply
So, you’re ready to work on the 2020 Census? The first step is to complete the online job application. This process should take about 30 minutes and will include some assessment questions about your education, work, and other experience. You will need to provide your Social Security number, home address, email address, phone number, and your date and place of birth.
In addition, if you’re a veteran who would like to claim veterans’ preference, you will need supporting documentation. For more information, visit the U.S. Office of Personnel Management Veterans’ Preference page.
If you run into issues during the application process, you can call 1-855-JOB-2020 (1-855-562-2020) and select option 1 for technical assistance or option 3 to speak with someone at your area census office. You can also refer to the frequently asked questions on the FAQ page.
Ready to Apply?
Take the next step toward joining our team! Complete your application today.