Chocolate, Jazz, & Wine Festival
Soroptimist International of Corona presents the 15th Annual Chocolate, Wine & Jazz Festival. This year’s event will be held on Saturday, October 21 on the Corona City Hall South Lawn (400 S. Vicentia Ave.) from 5 to 9 p.m. Enjoy unlimited wine & beer tastings and food samplings from some of Corona’s best restaurants as well as the David Paul Band!
As always Soroptimist International of Corona holds this event to raise funds to support their many service projects including:
- Their signature service program, Dreams and Decisions, a workshop for middle-school girls to empower them with the tools they need to both physically and emotionally protect themselves from the many obstacles they will face as teen-agers.
- Their newest program, My Future – Dream It, Believe It, Achieve It, a workshop for high school girls providing college and career guidance, access to professional role models, and the opportunity to apply for a scholarship exclusively available to participants.
- The Live Your Dream – Education and Training Award, where they develop a 3-year action plan to provide the recipient with personal and financial support to promote educational and career success, economic growth, and goal attainment. Each recipient is a mother returning to school and the primary wage earner in her home
- Scholarships to graduating senior girls at each of the 10 high school and Adult Education programs in the Corona-Norco Unified School District.
- Intermediate Awards for 8th grade girls promoting to high school who demonstrate outstanding citizenship at their school and community.
Tickets to the festival are $75 each and include wine tastings, food samplings from local restaurants, entertainment, and one Grand Prize Drawing Ticket. Purchase your tickets online! For more information, please call Debbie Miller at 951-737-1124, extension 110, visit Soroptimist’s Facebook page.