America Recycles Day is every day!
Who says America Recycles Day should only be recognized one day of the year? Recycling is changing – and we could all use some tips to recycle right 365 days a year.
Did you know that plastic bags and bagged recyclables don’t belong in your recycling container? Did you know that plastic bags can damage recycling equipment and create safety hazards for recycling workers? Did you know that plastic bags should only be recycled by returning them to a participating grocer or retail outlet?
Let’s all promise to recycle right and keep both plastic bags and bagged recyclables out of our recycling containers. Learn more by visiting RORR.com/no-plastic-bags. Then check out our Get Started videos to see how to set up recycling right in your home. Visit WM’s YouTube channel to be the first to see Billy and Teddy’s new recycling adventures!
Take these simple steps:
- Become a Recycling Ambassador: Share good recycling practices with others
- Reduce: Avoid plastic bags by taking reusable bags when you shop.
- Reuse: Use plastic bags as trash liners in your garbage containers.
- Take-back options: Visit plasticfilmrecycling.org to find a drop-off location near you.
- Free your recyclables! Never bag your recycling – empty items directly into your container.
Visit RecycleOftenRecycleRight.com often and become a Recycling Ambassador!