SCAQMD Windblown Dust Advisory
The South Coast Air Quality Management District has issued a Windblown Dust Advisory.
A PM10 Dust Advisory is in effect for Wednesday, October 31, 2018 in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties in the South Coast Air Basin. Strong Santa Ana winds this morning have caused blowing dust in portions of Riverside County, causing Very Unhealthy air quality in the Metropolitan Riverside County (Area 23). Additional areas may experience elevated particulate levels as this wind event continues through the afternoon. The unhealthful conditions may linger throughout the day on Wednesday. PM10 concentrations are expected to drop by Wednesday evening.
Areas of direct dust impacts and Unhealthful air quality may include portions of:
- Riverside County: Areas 22 (Corona/Norco), 23 (Metropolitan Riverside County), and 24 (Perris Valley).
- San Bernardino County: Area 34 (Central San Bernardino Valley).
In areas directly impacted by windblown dust: Everyone should avoid any vigorous outdoor or indoor exertion; people with respiratory or heart disease, the elderly, and children should remain indoors.
- View CAQMD Advisory updates.
- Subscribe to air quality alerts, advisories and forecasts by email here.
- View current air quality conditions by region in an interactive map.
- View map of SCAQMD Forecast Areas