Voters encouraged to cast a ballot in the consolidated primary election
Tuesday, June 5, 2018 is Election Day for Riverside County residents registered to vote in the consolidated primary election. Voters will be able to cast ballots at 546 polling places. To find your assigned polling place, please go to the Registrar of Voters’ website at www.voteinfo.net or call (951) 486-7200. Polls are open from 7 a.m. through 8 p.m.
Voters may also cast a ballot in the Registrar of Voters office on Election Day between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. The Registrar of Voters office is located at 2724 Gateway Drive in Riverside.
All ballots, including vote-by-mail ballots, must be received at the Registrar of voters office or any polling place within Riverside County no later than the close of polls on Election Day or be postmarked on or before Election Day and received no later than three days after Election Day to be counted.
Out of 985,432 registered voters, 676,160 have opted to request a vote-by-mail ballot. Voters who turn in ballots by Monday can be part of the Election Night excitement because results from their ballots will be among the first released after the polls close. Registrar of Voters Rebecca Spencer said approximately 144,000 voters already have cast ballots for the election.
Vote-by-mail ballots dropped off at polling places on Election Day will be counted in the days following the election. An estimated 150,000 ballots will remain to be counted after Election Day as a result of vote-by-mail ballots being dropped off or postmarked on Election Day, and provisional ballots cast at the polling places.
Tentative schedule for ballot results on Election Night and beyond:
- Polls close on Election Day at 8 p.m.
- Approximately 8:30 p.m., vote-by-mail and mid-day pick up results will be released. Approximately 9 p.m. early voting results will be released. This will result only in minimal change to vote totals.
- Approximately 10 p.m., first polling-place results released as workers continue transporting ballots from around the county to Riverside for counting. This update will include polling-place ballots arriving to the registrar’s office for tabulation prior to 9:30 p.m.
- Hourly polling place results will be updated until 1 a.m.
- After 1 a.m. updated polling place results will be released every 90 minutes.
Depending on voter turnout, polling-place ballot counts will likely continue until 3 a.m. on Wednesday, June 6. For election results, check www.voteinfo.net after the polls close and keep track of other Election Day information on Facebook and Twitter.
Registrar of Voters Rebecca Spencer encourages every eligible voter to cast a ballot in the election.
Important information regarding the consolidated primary election:
- The office of governor has 27 qualified candidates. Please only vote for one candidate.
- The office of U.S. senator has 32 qualified candidates. Please only vote for one candidate.
More voter information is available at www.voteinfo.net.