Drip Irrigation Class with a Free Kit!
Did you know that residential sprinklers typically run at only 50% efficiency? That means half of the water from sprinklers is being wasted from runoff, overspray or other inefficiencies. Drip irrigation systems run at about 95% efficiency; that’s because the water is going directly to the spot where the water needs to be. To help our residents, the City of Corona Department of Water and Power (DWP) is offering a program to teach residents how to successfully convert an area of their yard from sprinklers to drip irrigation.
What the program includes for participants:
- Free class on Saturday, Feb. 10, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. to learn how to build and install a drip system that includes hands on training with city staff
- One free drip irrigation kit with equipment to convert a shrub or bush area to a drip system. Class attendance is required in order to receive the free kit and application must be approved
- A free follow up class on Saturday, Mar. 3, 2018 from 9 to 11 a.m. to get your questions answered by drip irrigation experts
- Must be a Corona DWP customer
- Currently have a shrub or bush area watered with sprinklers (one valve or zone)
- Complete and submit an application to DWP by Thursday, Feb. 1, 2018
- Must include 3 photos of the area that you plan to convert
- Limit one kit per household
Apply online today to be a part of the drip irrigation program. Get started on converting your water wasting sprinkler system into an efficient drip system!
To apply and reserve your drip irrigation kit, visit www.CoronaCA.gov/LandscapeClasses. For more information, please call the Water Resources Team at (951) 736-2234 or email StopTheDrop@CoronaCA.gov. The program is limited to 50 participants on a first come, first served basis of eligible applications received.