The Inner Circle Corona is Your Community Resource
The City of Corona's Inner Circle is a place to connect the 160,000+ residents of Corona to the community we have come to know and love. The City of Corona strives to keep you informed about what is going on in your city and keep you connected. Keep in the know on events in town, safety alerts and the latest developments in the City.
Household Hazardous Waste Collection
Don’t throw hazardous waste items in your trash can–let the Riverside County Waste Management Department properly dispose of them for you. The City of Corona will be hosting a household hazardous waste recycling event on Saturday, October 14 and Sunday October 15 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the City Hall parking lot, 400 S. Vicentia Ave. This event is open to all City of Corona residents and Riverside County residents.
HHW collection events provide you the opportunity to properly dispose of HHW and Electronic Waste (E-Waste) and it’s FREE! Here are some important guidelines to follow:
- You may bring up to fifteen (15) gallons of a hazardous liquid waste or a total of 125 pounds maximum per car, per trip. Multiple trips are allowed.
- Keep original labels on containers. The container shall be marked, and secured to prevent leaks. Do not mix materials. Containers holding gasoline will not be returned.
- Use a sturdy box to transport the HHW materials in the trunk of your car.
- HHW includes: latex paints, pesticides, oils, solvents, cleansers, antifreeze, used oil and filters, aerosol cans, chlorine, BBQ propane tanks, household and automotive batteries, Sharps (Sharps must be in sealed hard plastic containers. No loose sharps.), fluorescent tubes and many other HHW items.
- E-Waste includes: monitors, computers, televisions, and other electronic items.
- The following will not be accepted: Business or Non-profit waste, explosives/ammunition, medical waste, waste in 55-gallon drums, radioactive materials, appliances and tires.
|ACCEPTABLE ITEMS:||UNACCEPTABLE ITEMS:|
This event will be canceled in the presence of rain and/or excessive winds.
For more information on acceptable items to bring, please call (800) 304-2226 or visit www.RCWaste.org/HHW.