This calendar of events is organized chronologically and provides basic information on events taking place within the City, or sponsored by Corona-based organizations.
Are you viewing this on a Mobile device? Click here to view City Calendar in List Format
Corona Fire Department CPR Training
- Date: 02/08/2020 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Location: Fire Department Headquarters
735 Public Safety Way
Corona, California 92882
Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) can occur anytime and the reality is that many people are not prepared or properly trained to recognize and assist someone in need of CPR. The Corona Fire Department strives to arrive on scene of all emergencies rapidly. The average national response times to medical emergencies are just under 10 minutes. Firefighters and paramedics from the Corona Fire Department arrive on scene of a cardiac arrest call on an average of less than 5 minutes. Response times to cardiac arrests within the City of Corona are swift however the early intervention of bystander CPR can increase a patient’s survivability.
In our continuing effort to educate the community, the Corona Fire Department is offering our free CPR Training Program on Saturday, February 8, 2020.
The training is conducted by Corona Fire Department firefighters and paramedics. Training consist of video instructions, lecture and hands-on practice. Over the course of two hours you will learn:
- Immediate RECOGNITION of cardiac arrest
- Importance of early ACTIVATION of 9-1-1
- Early CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR) with and emphasis on CHEST COMPRESSIONS
- Familiarization with an AUTOMATED EXTERNAL DEFIBRILLATOR (AED) and the need for rapid DEFIBRILLATION