This calendar of events is organized chronologically and provides basic information on events taking place within the City, or sponsored by Corona-based organizations.
Are you viewing this on a Mobile device? Click here to view City Calendar in List Format
Household Hazardous Waste Collection
- Date: 10/12/2019 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Location: City Hall
400 South Vicentia Ave
Corona, California 92882
- Introduction: Don't throw hazardous waste items in your trash can–let the Riverside County Waste Management Department properly dispose of them for you!
Don’t throw hazardous waste items in your trash can–let the Riverside County Waste Management Department properly dispose of them for you. The City of Corona will be hosting a household hazardous waste recycling event on Saturday, October 12 and Sunday, October 13, 2019 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the City Hall parking lot, 400 S. Vicentia Ave. This event is open to all City of Corona residents and Riverside County residents.
HHW collection events provide you the opportunity to properly dispose of HHW and Electronic Waste (E-Waste) and it’s FREE! Here are some important guidelines to follow:
- You may bring up to fifteen (15) gallons of a hazardous liquid waste or a total of 125 pounds maximum per car, per trip. Multiple trips are allowed.
- Keep original labels on containers. The container shall be marked, and secured to prevent leaks. Do not mix materials. Containers holding gasoline will not be returned.
- Use a sturdy box to transport the HHW materials in the trunk of your car.
- HHW includes: latex paints, pesticides, oils, solvents, cleansers, antifreeze, used oil and filters, aerosol cans, chlorine, BBQ propane tanks, household and automotive batteries, Sharps (Sharps must be in sealed hard plastic containers. No loose sharps.), fluorescent tubes and many other HHW items.
- E-Waste includes: monitors, computers, televisions, and other electronic items.
- The following will not be accepted: Business or Non-profit waste, explosives/ammunition, medical waste, waste in 55-gallon drums, radioactive materials, appliances and tires.
Unused medication needs to be transported and provided to the County in either a designed sharps disposal container or a hard last container such as an empty milk or juice jug or a large plastic jar, no soft material, glass or paper carton containers will be processed.
|ACCEPTABLE ITEMS:||UNACCEPTABLE ITEMS:|
This event will be canceled in the presence of rain and/or excessive winds. For more information on acceptable items to bring, please call (800) 304-2226 or visit www.RCWaste.org/HHW.