This calendar of events is organized chronologically and provides basic information on events taking place within the City, or sponsored by Corona-based organizations.
4th of July – Independence Day Celebration
- Date: 07/04/2019 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
9 AM – Main Street USA Parade
The City of Corona invites the community to the Main Street USA Independence Day Parade on Thursday, July 4, 2019. Corona’s Main Street USA Independence Day Parade is a non-competitive parade which provides entertainment, community spirit, and fun for all to enjoy. Drawing 4,000+ families, friends, and neighbors, the parade takes place on Main Street from Ontario Avenue to Olive Street. This year’s Parade begins at 9:00 a.m.
PARTICIPATE IN THE PARADE
Applications are available online now! Entry fees will increase to $75 after Friday, April 26 and to $100 after Friday, May 17. Applications submitted after June 7 will be subject to an additional administrative fee of $25.
The following streets will be posted “No Parking” and closed to through traffic from approximately 6:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. on July 4.
- Main Street between Ontario Avenue and Grand Boulevard
- Chatam Circle from the cul-de-sac to Summerset
- Pueblo Road between Main Street and Belle Avenue
- Olive Street between Main Street and Belle Avenue
- Olive Street between Main Street and South Victoria Avenue
Please anticipate increased traffic congestion in the area on July 4.
5 PM – Santana Park: Music • Food • Fireworks
The entertainment begins at 5 p.m. with community music group, CAT, followed by The Advancements. At 7:30 p.m., the 300th Army Band, an ensemble called "MPThree" will take the stage and perform modern rock, pop, and electronic covers.
Support local non-profit organizations and enjoy tasty food and refreshments available for purchase:
Corona Norco Unified School District – Hot Dogs & Chili Dogs
Congregation Beth Shalom – Cotton Candy
Food Runners – Nachos & Burritos
Girl Scout Troop 2053 – Funnel Cakes
Islamic Society Corona Norco – Chicken Strips & Fries
Pets are Work Saving (PAWS) – Lemonade
Centennial Boy's Basketball Boosters – Mangonadas & Tostilocos
Santiago Marching Band BOSS Boosters – Hawaiian Coffees & Smoothies
Vendors have been confirmed, if you would like to join the waiting list, please fill out vendor form.
The celebration concludes with the eagerly anticipated firework show to occur at sundown.
- Pre-Sale Preferred Parking at Santana Park- $5 parking fee for up-close parking spots on through June 30th. [SOLD OUT]
- Parking at Santana Park- $10 parking fee for Santana parking lot on the day of the event, as space permits.
- Free parking at Crossroads Christian Church and surrounding community as posted.
Note: There will not be shuttles this year. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- No Dogs or pets allowed at the park
- No gas/propane BBQs (Charcoal only in designated areas)
- No alcohol or cigarettes (including vaping) allowed in the park
- No drones
- Kellogg from Pimpernel to Ontario – 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Ontario Ave from Magnolia to Fullerton – 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Magnolia from Main Street to Ontario – 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Santana from Magnolia to Orchard Crest – 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Garretson from CL Fleming to Santana – 3 pm to 11 p.m.
To learn more, please call (951) 736-2241!
Thank you to our Sponsors!
REMINDER: FIREWORKS ILLEGAL IN CORONA
The City of Corona would like to remind everyone that it is illegal to possess, discharge or sell fireworks. Residents should adhere to the “no fireworks” law throughout the City of Corona (Corona Municipal Code 9.33.010-9.33.030). Citations for violations of the City Ordinance banning fireworks will be issued to those possessing “Safe and Sane” fireworks; the fine is $500. The fine for possession of other types of fireworks (those not certified “Safe & Sane”) is $1000.
For general questions about fireworks, please call the Corona Fire Department at 951-736-2220. To report fireworks violations that you witness please, call the Corona Police Department at 951-736-2330-Option 3 if you see them being set off.